I read lots of blogs and I am always curious to know more about the writers – the quirky information that people would never know.
So, I’ve put together this Top 20 list of some fun and not-so-fun things about me. Check them out.
- I’m right-handed, but have always wished I were left-handed.
- Michael Jackson and I share a birthday – August 29th. My sister also shares the same birthday. I’m a Virgo to the core.
- I am the second of four children. However, after my older brother passed away, I became the oldest.
- I hated going to church as a child. That continued into adulthood. I went to a Catholic primary school. Every week, the principal, who was a nun, used to pinch me and force me to sit next to her in church. It really made me hate going to church.
- I lived in Cuba for a year-and-a-half studying Spanish and literature. To this day, I consider Cuba my second home.
- My mother and some of my aunts are named after U.S. states.
- My sister has somewhat continued the tradition and named her twin girls London and Brooklyn. When she was pregnant, I suggested the name Chicago. She hated it. Weeks later, Kim Kardashian named her daughter, Chicago. My sister still hated it.
- I am horrible at math. Absolutely horrible. I count on my fingers and take a minute to multiply in my head. It’s a running joke among my friends. A high school math teacher once told my mother I was unteachable. My mother said, “no, she’s not.” I realize now that my brain is just designed differently. I am incredible at words and languages. Numbers? Not so much.
- I have a soft spot for the homeless. It hurts my heart to see people suffering because they don’t have shelter or food. I always hear something whispering in my ear to do something . . . and I do.
- I hate elitism. My mother taught me that no one is better than me and I am not better than anyone else. I truly believe that. I can respect someone, but I never look in awe of them.
- How a person treats a waiter shows me their character. Every single time.
- I often talk to God in my car or when I’m washing dishes. He loves to chat with me at that time.
- I have a knack for knowing people’s intentions immediately. Even without them saying a word.
- A trip to California in 2018 completely changed my mind about that state. I always looked at it as a carefree place with lots of movie stars. What I saw instead were a lot of hurting homeless people. A lot.
- I really enjoy horseback riding. It’s one of my favorite activities. Horses are wonderful animals.
- I love to read self-help books, inspirational books and biographies. I also love gifting books to family and friends.
- The Nanny and Seinfeld are some of my favorite sitcoms of all time. I am a total George Costanza.
- I still watch re-runs of Girlfriends, Living Single and The Wayans Brothers. Laughter is good for the soul.
- I greatly respect Steve Harvey. I love his work ethic, how real he is, how he handles critics and on top of that, he makes me laugh. I aspire to be like him in many ways. I met him last year when I appeared on his TV talk show.
- Opposition and hating always help to move me to the next level. Every time someone tries to hold me back, I fight harder to accomplish my goals. It’s the consummate catalyst. Every time I don’t get something I worked for and feel I deserve, I start strategizing of ways to get it in some other way. I become singularly focused on achieving my goals. Let your hater be your elevator.
I enjoy horse back riding, too. Haven’t ride in years. Awesome facts about you. Love it
Rogan Smith says
Hi Amy! Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Glad to see there’s another person out there that truly loves riding horses. Happy you enjoyed the read!
Amazing blog ? you share the same birthday as my mom also.
Rogan Smith says
Thank you so much! Ohhh, your mom is a special lady. My fellow Virgo sister. Thanks for commenting. Don’t be a stranger.